Become a member
To become a Member, your application must be nominated and signed by a current Member.
Your application is then presented at the next Committee meeting for approval before being processed.
The membership season runs from 1 June to 31 May every year.
Membership Forms 2013-2014
PRO-RATA PRICING FOR MEMBERSHIP BEGINS IN DECEMBER EACH YEAR
If applying for Membership between December - May each year, please contact the Darwin Turf Club Membership Department to check the current cost prior to completing the Application Form -
P: 8923 4222 E: email@example.com
- Complimentary entry to the Fannie Bay Racecourse all year round. 41 Race meetings
- Access to the air-conditioned Ted Bailey Grandstand Grandstand and Sid Parker Members Clubhouse areas
- Reciprocal privileges with other Australian major Race Clubs
- Ability to purchase Members’ tickets to the Melbourne Cup Carnival
- Invitations to Members’ only functions
- Members receive a substantial discount for luncheons held on the Sid Parker Verandah and Ted Bailey Grandstand during the Carnival period (Seating is limited on these days)
- Complimentary subscription to the Northern Territory industry publication ‘Trackside’
- Complimentary subscription to the Darwin Turf Club’s annual Carlton Mid Darwin Cup Carnival souvenir magazine.
- Regular newsletters and email updates
- Members Christmas Drinks
- Complimentary afternoon tea in the Members’ Club House or designated Members’ area on race days
- Car parking in reserved area on race days
- Voting rights at all general meetings
- The right to stand for the committee
Being a Member of the Darwin Turf Club also gives you the opportunity to represent all Members on the Darwin Turf Club Committee. Once elected to the Committee you will serve a period of three years and then will be eligible for re-election. Currently you need to be a financial member for two years before you can be eligible for election.
(Rule 22B 1).